*For both rituals* Choose a space that you feel safe in. If you need to light candles, surround yourself with your favorite things (crystals, especially rose quartz, or anything that makes you feel safe and loved), or smudge the space, please feel free to do so. Whatever you practice, use these tools to set up your sacred space. Invoke spirits, angels, the four corners, or just envision yourself surrounded by a beautiful and safe white light.
Cutting the Cord Ritual
- Choose a string. This can be any type of thread, yarn, or cord. Black is preferred, as this is a tie that binds you to a negative energy.
- Write your name and the person or negative feelings you are cutting the cord with on separate pieces of paper (or use photographs). Roll each up and tie each to either end of the cord.
- Dress the candle or a special pair of scissors with Wildheart anointing oil. Burn or cut the cord in the middle. As the cord separates, envision the piece of your heart that was tied to the other person being returned to you and reconnected with your heart. Envision your heart whole and glowing. Picture the other person whole as well. There is nothing of you left inside them. This ritual is to free both of you from the ties that bind.
- If you can, burn the two ends of the cord (with the names or photos) separately. If you cannot burn them, store them separately.
- If you used a candle, burn through the entire length (over the course of the next week or so) to continue to heal your heart. Carry rose quartz with you, anoint yourself head to toe with Wildheart love oil (paying special attention to your heart chakra) and place the rose under your pillow to help keep your heart open as you sleep.
Open Heart Ritual
This ritual can be used on its own if you are not performing the Cutting the Cord ritual.
- Anoint yourself and dress any candles or magickal tools with the Wildheart Love Oil (paying particular attention to your heart chakra). Sit down and place the rose in front of you. Close your eyes and breathe. Let the scent of the oil fill your nostrils as you focus on your breath. Breathe deeply and slowly in and out, imagining a beautiful light shining down onto you and entering your lungs through each breath. As you breathe out, breathe out everything negative that has ever happened to you. Let go of those negative thoughts and experiences. Once you begin to feel only the vibrations of positive energy inside you, hold the rose quartz up to your heart and take a long, deep breath in. Picture the beautiful light entering your heart through your breath. Turn your focus to the rose quartz. Feel the love and joy enter your heart as this powerful healing stone works its magick to repair and open your heart. Picture your heart whole and open and radiating the energy and light that it drew from the oil, the crystal, the rose, and the light.
- If you used a candle, burn through the entire length (over the course of the next week or so) to continue to heal your heart. Carry the rose quartz crystal with you, anoint yourself head to toe with Wildheart love oil (paying special attention to your heart chakra) and place the rose under your pillow to help keep your heart open as you sleep.